Monday, April 14, 2014

French Renaissance Blog Response

This week I looked at Katrina and Ariana's blogs.

I liked all of the details Katrina went into about the Rococo style. I specifically liked how she talked about how the Regency and Rococo styles were both very feminine styles and that their furniture was made to support the contours of the human body. She also and showed the characteristics of a cabriole leg and talked about how it brought a feminine quality to the furniture.

Katrina's picture detailing the cabriole leg.

I liked how Ariana talked specifically about the Chateau de Chambord. I also liked how she mentioned its history of being a hunting lodge that was left abandoned and unfurnished before Louis XII came into the picture and gave it to his brother to restore.

Ariana's picture of the Chateau.

No comments:

Post a Comment